Argrath's LBQ

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 96 10:13:44 EST

Now, if my memory isn't playing tricks with me, Argrath went on one of the few full LBQ (mid 1600's?). He succeeded. However, I seem to remember writings along the lines that after succeeding, he went further and eventually "rescued" Sheng Seleris. Now, the LBQ is traditionally (!) used to bring someone back from the Halls of Judgement, like good 'ol Yelm.

Who was the God/being who was Argrath's reward for the LBQ? Who was this being who was spurned by Argrath as being less a tool against the Goddess than Sheng? I think there must have been some reward which Argrath measured against the RG and found was not powerful enough...

Given that nothing is mentioned in the sagas, it probably is something that is deeply painful or dangerous to Argrath (and Orlanth?).

Any ideas?

Robert McArthur