White Moonies

From: D. Pearton <pearton_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 17:05:54 -0800 (PST)

Pam does a very creditable impression of a white moonie in calling for peace.

Well, I'm all for that but before we all reach this state I have to add my two clacks.

IMHO Nick and Phillipe are arguing about two different things. Phillip is stating that the demise of the physical manefestations of the Lunar Empire and the moon signals the absolute demise of everything Lunar and any remanents of lunar influence. Nick and others (and I place myself in this category) argue that this was merely a necesary step in the continuing evolution of the _Lunar_Way_. The Lunar Way is not the Lunar Empire. The Lunar empire is a neccesary step and part of the process of the evolution of the Lunar Way, but it is not the be-all and end all of it. The Lunar way, by it's very nature, embraces change and views stagnation as its antithesis (a reflection of the Red Goddess's birth in time perhaps?). The Goddess herself has gone from death, to "mortality", thence to deity (with physical limitations) and the utuma ceremony performed by Argrath (witingly or unwitingly) moves her to a far more transcendant level. All this is prefigured in what has gone before and is as valid a reading of the "facts" (whatever those are in Glorantha) as any other.

Of course, it could be that the Red Goddess is just a patsy for Shargash who wanted to trash the world again. We all know how good at long range planning and subtle manipulation Shargash is ;).

Yours,
Yak

PS: Welcome back Pam - Did you bring me lots of goodies????? I want those grubs!

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #368