The second swedish civil war :-)

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 08:53:00 +0100

I'll make another shot at the polemic with Erik, regarding the virtues of malkionism.

>However, most
>other big cultures have people who have acted as "apologists" saying
>basically that when you think of it, these guys are fairly nice if
>you look this way.

To clarify my muddy position: I agree that there are probably many commendable traits in malkioni society, it's just that intolerance ticks me off like nothing else. So, what's irrational about my dislike is that it is founded on one single piece of all that the malkioni are.

>But the people who likes
>Malkioni most seems like "wow, this are the guys I love to hate!".

And that's just plain weird.

Me:
> Then I think they are a bit boring because they have disassociated
> themselves
> from the mythical world

Erik:
>And I don't think they have done that, but I think I can see your
>argument why they have, and THAT argument sounds perfectly rational
>to me. It is just not True

OK, clarification again. The malkioni have substituted their own version of the mythical world, populated by once-human saints, for the otherworld model shared by (most) other Gloranthan cultures. Much as I am fascinated by the idea of saints in our world, I'm irrational enough to find it bland in a Gloranthan context. I'm not going to argue the validity or fairness of this position, because there is none.

In the end, I guess that in Glorantha I want the ancient world parallells, while the european medieval flavour of the west feels slightly out of place and thus puts me off. Perhaps it is because I really like to game in a (pseudo-)medieval setting in Pendragon.

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net