Duck Origins

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 1996 13:18:11 GMT

I don't think that any account of the origin of the Ducks can be complete without taking into account the existence of (and the legends of) the keets of the Eastern Isles.

The keets are (correct me if I'm wrong, East Isles experts) there are several types of avian intelligent species all known as keets one of which is a race of ducks identical in all respects except culture with the ducks of central Genertela.

The interesting thing is that the keets have a tradition of their origins which stretches back to the Dawning and they believe that they were especially honoured because their Mother Goddess left them to form some special part of the post-Dawn universe apparently connected with the realm of Dreams. They have none of the sense of inferiority or irratability associated with the Ducks.

I'm currently running a campaign focussed on getting the Last Egg of Mother Duck back to the East Isles to be hatched.

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles (Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same. Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)

Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.