Pro-Lunar players

From: Philippe Krait <pkrait_at_micronet.fr>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 09:30:02 -0800

I know I will probably heavily flamed for what follows, but still:

It has been my experience (here in France, and it's not that great compared to all of you CON players) that pro-lunar groups were in the infantile powergamer stage. I have seen this 3 times out of 4.

RQ 2 permitted only chaos-fighting barbarians PC, and the game was great. RQ3 allows Lunar PC, and gives them an impressive kind of magic along with the great tentation of illumination, and its chaos-using freedom.

In the groups I've seen playing Lunars, the main aim was to get illuminated as quickly as possible to be able to use chaos and to do evil freely with a little background justification. All they wanted was power

I was very sad, because it seemed to me that all their attraction for RQ stemmed from that stupid and very limited POV.

As a side note, the last time I talked to Greg, he told me that he always kill illuminated characters. Did he change that since (it was some years ago) ?

So the 'great freedom' fo RQ3, commendable as it is, should be, IMHO tempered by maturity. I did not find this to be true in France (still through my limited experience). What is your experience ? - --

                                   Philippe

                      (Philippe Krait, pkrait_at_mail.micronet.fr)