Re: The Mind of a Hunter

From: Tarry Higgins <taz_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 96 13:46 GMT

nysalor_at_spirit.com.au (John Hughes) had some interesting stuff to say about the campfiRe wisdom, but I felt that it was too "mechanistic"

I feel that it should emphasise the fact that all are one more, that you are living in harmony with the land, and that you are part of the land, and that it is part of you.

below is more how I would phrase some of the elements

> Possession of anything is an illusion. Things belong to the universe. They
> make their own journeys.

If you believe that you own possessions then in truth they own you. A man should not be owned by things, a man should be owned by the tribe and a man should own the tribe. People are more important than things

> The hunter is always the hunted.

The hunter and the hunted are one, but they are not the same. Both dance the same dance together, each taking a different part. Beware though for sometimes the dance changes, one tune ends and another tune begins, then the hunter will become the hunted. This is as it should be, for the hunter and the hunted are one.

> We can never dominate this land. We can participate in its bounty if we
> revere and respect it.

You and the land are one. Be one with the land. You harm yourself when you harm the land.

 Taz! with Virtual Access