Karsht's milk

From: JOSE RAMOS <ramos_at_crpp.u-bordeaux.fr>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 09:55:42 GMT

        I have a suggestion for Erik. If you know the Epic Comic Electra Assassin (Miller-Sienkiewicz), an excellent graphic novel, there you have a cult of assassins, serving a demigod that wants to destroy the world (familiar?). This cults uses the milk of the Beast to mind control victims, in rituals and to ensure fidelity to the cult. The paralellism is obvious. Karsht is the Maw, but also the Mother, and Mothers give milk. Having a divine drug (got through heroquest) that gives temporal mind-control is an excellent plot-hook, and fits nicely with the cult. Also the Milk gives power but is addictive, a great combination for control.

        So what we have is that after the ceremony all the cultists get to partake of the milk of the mother (reminding also of the milk of Shub Niggurath in a CoC module). The spy, being illuminated, is not controlled, but the rest will.

	Just a suggestion, usable in play (which is all this is about).
	Jose