Wenelia and Boar worshippers

From: Barbara Braun <zbraun_at_minyos.its.rmit.EDU.AU>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 21:21:45 +1100 (EDT)

G'day all this is Andrew emailing,

Does anyone have some good info on Wenelia and the Boar tribesmen/worshippers there ? I am running a tournament and I have an exiled "one of the above" and in order to make sure his background is correct with Glorantha knowledge so far revealed I'm trying for any unpublished campaign specific info out there (A really stupid idea in a way because I have just skimmed every source I've got, which is most of them, and its taken a good twenty hours or more).

I've chatted to Nick and I agree with him that Wenelians are the sort of primitive raiding barbarians Tacitus described and are more afraid of their gods than anything. They raid for sacrifices to give their gods in order that they don't have to sacrifice themselves. The Boar is a beserking warrior cult. The clans are mixed hsunchen worshippers who are partially Orlanthi storm worshipper, although using different names, and primarily hunter/gatherers with small kitchen gardens rather than fields.

In particular do I just call the Boar God Mralot ? or is there a groovier/official name out there ?

Any info in the next couple of days, before I make it out of whole cloth, would be appreciated.

Cheers, Andrew
PS when is David Hall going to talk about our other discovery after RQ Con DU in the pouring rain of Far Point (Marysville) that Elmal is a step-brother to Vinga and bedded Ernalda once Orlanth was gone in order to have the authority to kick Vinga out of the stead. (I probably have that wrong so I will leave it to people with notebooks to correct me).