a spell in the German RQ-edition (fwd)

From: Majordomo <major_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 13:01:01 -0500 (EST)

Accidentally sent to owner-glorantha-digest Forwarded message:
From: Dieter.Euler_at_t-online.de (Timo Euler)

Hello to you all.

     I've been reading this newsgroup for some weeks now, but this is the first time I felt like contributing something.

     I'm gamemastering a group using the German Edition of RQ. In the last adventure one of my players used this spell named ´Entseelen´, meaning something like soul grasp:

     Soul Grasp (divine)
     3 points, range: 100 meter, duration: 1 phase, not combinable,
reusable This spell cuts the tie between the body and the soul of the target. The user has to overcome the targets magic points with his own(test - magic points vs. magicpoints). In the case of a success, the target is dead. Otherwise it will suffer 1D6 hit points directly at his life points having effects similar to a poisoning.

I dodn't know if this spell can be found in the Enlish version, that's why I translated it and put it down here. I think this spell is much too powerful although it costs 3 points of divine magic. I had someone killing my neat big monster in no time without even getting close to it. Did I misinterpret something? Can this spell perhaps only be used on humans? I'd like to get some feedback on this.

     Thanks guys,

              Timo

(P.S: RQ forever)