Re: Basmoli

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 96 19:50:15 -0600

David Dunham
>Basim and its ruling Basmol clan. I certainly don't expect lions
roaming around >Ralios, but I assume these Basmoli still have the transformation magic >(despite, on my Web page, saying the Basmoli are extinct). However, I imagine >that unlike other hsunchen, lions are never born to Basmoli mothers.

        If the rulers of Basim still actively practice Basmol worship, I'm sure they still get their transformation magic. The Basmoli of Prax do, and there hasn't been a lion seen in the Wastes since the Great Darkness.

        Lions might be born to Basmoli mothers, but I suspect they are born dead (or sterile, at best). In any case, I do not believe that _all_ Hsunchen peoples give birth to their totem animals and vice versa. In fact, I think this is a fairly rare occurrence. I believe, for instance, that among the Fronelan Rathori, cross-births only occur on ceremonial occasions.

Sandy P.