Esrolian militia

From: Jeff Richard <jrichard_at_cnw.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 21:01:13 -0800

Peter Metcalfe astutely noticed that I wrote:

>>The overwhelming majority of [fourth century] Esrolian
>>men (and maybe women?) fall into the "trollkin class". They are not=20
>>warriors, at best they form as half-baked militia.

and commented:

>A point of pedantry. Around the fourth century Trollkin start to
>appear for the first time and the Esrolian militia is at least four
>hundred years old. However it is said that Argan Argar taught the
>trollkin how to use spears to make up for the loss of Trollpower.
>Perhaps the OOO simply trained the Trollkin in the manner of
>Esrolian militia than the other way around?
 =20

        Peter is correct on my blatant use of post hoc ergo prompter hoc = reasoning. Unfortunately I was writing from the POV of the 13th-14th = century and I failed to determine the relationship between the early = Esrolite (or would they still be Esrolvuli at that point?) militia and = the trollking militia of the OOO. However, I certainly like Peter's = suggestion that the OOO trained his trollkin in the manner of Esrolian = militia rather than the other way around. Perhaps, the avatar of the = OOO himself should answer this one: Mr. Peterson what is your take on = this?

        BTW, I apologize for the lack of structure in my previous postings. = Editing has never been my strongest suit.

        Yours truly,

        Jeff Richard