Re: curved light

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 21:11:38 -0500

In Glorantha Digest V2 #398, Dane 'Danger' Johnson writes about the effects of curved light. I can't refute your "bowl appearance" work, but you're wrong about the wall example for the simple reason that light striking the wall bounces in all directions, including somewhat down. This light, if it travelled straight, would hit the ground. However, because it rises toward the Sky, it intersects your retina instead. Thus you CAN and DO see the top of the wall. It is the BOTTOM of the wall which, if it is beyond the horizon, you can't see, because the light striking it can't bend low enough to simultaneously miss the ground and avoid getting sucked up into the sky before it reaches you.

Besides which, light works by beams emitted from the eyes, as was formerly thought to be the case on Earth. Thus, people with stronger eyes can see further. Farsee actually broadens your horizons because it makes your eyebeams stronger and they can go farther before they slow down, peter out, and stream up to the sky.

But what do I know? I'm not a physicist.