Re: Political Correctness

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 96 12:44:03 -0600

>Erik said that the Lords of Terror write up refers to scorpion men
>as "she" probably out of a sense of political correctness

        The Lords of Terror writeup refers to Scorpion Men as "she" because their leaders are almost exclusively female, being a matriarchal society.

        Don't sweat "scorpion man". It's no more supposed to be gendered than when you call a dog a "dog" you're referring to the proper terminology for a male canine (which it is). That said, the term "Scorpion Maid" has enormous appeal for me, especially when I think of the huge pasty-white blubbery horror lurking in the Queen's Cavern for her lucky lovers-for-a-day.

Sandy