Re: Nils' last Malkioni Slam

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 96 14:52:00 -0600

Nils
>My only point is that there is a difference between saying that my
>religion is better than my neighbour's and saying that my religion is
>the only true religion. And that is what rubs me the wrong way about
>the Malkioni.

        Yes, the Malkioni have a qualitatively different approach to their religion. They believe that all theistic and shamanistic religions are materialistic, stuck on a lower plane, while their own contacts a higher existence. If they're right, then their religion _is_, by their lights, the only true Gloranthan religion. No one else gets to Solace in Glory.

David Dunham:
>But don't deists claim that the Malkioni aren't even worshipping
any god?

Nils
>How much does that differ in theory from a passive and invisible god?

        Quite a bit, really. Think about it.

Sandy P.