RuneQuest - Society

From: Tschinke <Ingo>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 10:04:33 +0100

The German RuneQuest - Society

The German RuneQuest Society is a gamers' association which was founded in Germany in 1991. The society can count 150 members now. Most of these members are germans (120), but we have also a some foreign members (from the UK, USA, Australia, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, Italy and France). Our main goal is to give support to RuneQuest, all RQ compatible games and the games world Glorantha. Most of our activities are centered on Germany, but some are intended to give benefit to all RQ- and Glorantha-fans everywhere. (A WWW page is under construction and will be announced soon.)

The annual 30 DM membership fee for the German RQ Society entitles members to receive all issues of Free INT or Tradetalk published that year and finances the round letters and other activities the society undertakes. The RuneQuest - Society has its (German) RuneQuest Con at Whitsun each year as a special event, but does make appearances on other regional and even some international events.

The RuneQuest - Society publishes or distributes the following material:

United Kingdom:
Retail sail through game stores. Contact Tom Zunder, 3 Stotfield Ave.; Lyppard Kettleby, Worchester, WR 10 0 JJ, troll_at_nochet.demon.co.uk

Sverige/Sweden:
Contact Flammans Spel, Tegnersgatan 8, S-412 52 Goeteborg, Sweden.=20

France:
Contact: Lionel Dumont, 43, rue Saurupt, 54000 Nancy, France Lionel.Dumont_at_ensem.u-nancy.fr

USA/Canada:
Contact David Dunham, ddunham_at_pensee.com

Australia:
Contact Andrew Bean, 4 Maggie Street, Yarraville VIC 3013 Andrew.Bean_at_anu.edu.au

German RuneQuest-Con 1996

The German RuneQuest-con will be held on the 24 to 27 may 1996 on castle 'Stahleck' near Bacharach (this is near Frankfurt) above the beautiful rhine river valley. The castle provides a real mediaeval atmosphere.

There we will preform the Free Form Game 'Rise of Ralios'. It is taking place on castle Kustria. We expect to have 80 - 100 players in the game.

But there is more. Our guest of honour David Hall, Shield push, Trollball, RQ tournaments, workshops on various topics etc. We have 150 places and can promise a good accomodation because castle Stahleck is a newly renovated youth hostel (one of the best in all of=  Germany).

The convention fee will be 100,- DM, covering the expenses for accommodation and 2 meals per day.

For any question about the VII. RQ Con or the RuneQuest - Society send a email to: tschinke_at_nordwest.de

Ingo Tschinke