Re: Gloranthan dinosaurs

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 96 10:09:54 -0600

>I do think you'd see some major physical differences between the
intelligent, >mutant "dino-newts" [like the carnivorous Triceratops - -- walking on two legs? >Fangs and claws? Dino features (a la chaos features]? and the slow, brutish >Gazzams/Earth Shakers. I think the dinosaurs in the Slarge lands would also >have some unique features bred into them / magically cultivated by their >masters.

        You bet. The Gazzams would be like the traditional "great lizards", with the draconids more like D&D monsteroids.

	The Slarge dinosaurs are intended to be like "real" dinosaurs.
	Despite the efforts of the slarges, I doubt they've had
many features bred into them. Dinosaurs, I expect, are slow-reproducing enough that selective breeding would have little effect. Magic stuff would be different of course.

Sandy