Carmanians

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 1996 16:14:34 +1300

Nick Brooke:

On whether Viziers worship Dayzatar or Zrethus:

>my list was just proposals, so whether you call the Dayzatar-like cult
>of astrology and celestial purity etc. "Zretheus" or "Buserian" or
>whatever, I'll be happy.

>I know Irrippi Ontor was an astrologer (from the Seleric Verses), hence my
>interest.

Ah, you meant to say that some Viziers were Astrologers. My mistake, I was a bit foggy minded at the time. I fully heartedly concur. I really see the Dayzatar Monks in the Yuthuppan Millieu as being the cumulation of a Starseers Spiritual Career (kind of like the Alchemist discovering the Philosophers Stone). Most Yuthuppan Starseers worship (or IMO rather follow the path of) Buserian throughout their lifetimes and only a few become sufficiently advanced enough to attain the 'cosmic consciousness' that allows them to join Dayzatar. Many outsiders mistakenly assume that all Starseers are Dayzatar Priests nevertheless.

So the Brown Man is an Astrologer? Interesting in light of his uses of Glamours...

>Carmanian Law: this could be inquisitorial for the lower orders, but
>dualist/adversarial for disputes between the nobility, perhaps?

Given that the Viziers are beneath the status of a Carmanos who surely has a right to trial by his peers, I don't see anything wrong with this proposal.