Re: Trolls & Muri

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 96 01:05:18 -0600

Paul H.
>I also like your take on warm/cold bloodedness for trolls with trolls
>being cold to the touch (with reeking breath! I like that reeking
>breath) but having essentially constant activity levels. This sort
>of strangeness makes trolls really alien and scary.

        Thanks.

>Hmm... I wonder about Muri, the 'hot' trolls of Pameltela. Now, hot
>is obviously a relative term but I imagine they are closer to being
>warm blooded than normal trolls.

        They're not so much "warm-blooded" as they are sensitive to cold. I.e., cold weather is bad for them in the way that cold weather is bad for most tropical animals. This is a much more severe problem than you might imagine, if you consider only the fact that they dwell in the tropics "So why care about their loss of their cold nature"

        Because their gods, their ancestral spirits, their afterlife, their most primal culture heroes, and even their elementals all radiate cold. Imagine if human churches were radioactive, the intensity increasing during a religious ceremony. Now imagine that religion is necessary to survive (as it is, in Glorantha).

Sandy P.