Hrestol's Blessing

From: Tal Meta <talmeta_at_cybercomm.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 00:48:49 -0500 (EST)

I was looking over this particular Blessing this afternoon, and had some questions concerning it.

According to the most recent text I have, when invoked, Hrestol doubles the supplicant's POW for one whole day. My question is, if the supplicant in question spends that day creating a 10 POW enchantment, is his "normal" POW on the next day 1 less than it was (for invoking Hrestol) or is it 11 less (1 for invoking Hrestol, plus the 10 he spent on the enchantment)?

If its only 1 less, then Hrestol is far too easy to gain as a Patron, for my tastes! There are other Saints, with higher POW requirements, that don't give back nearly as much! (I'm still trying to figure out what the benefit of being turned translucent white ala Arkat is, and why it should cost 9 POW!)