Illumination

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 14 Mar 96 04:23:05 EST

Edward wrote:

> I would argue that Illumination is an all or nothing proposition. If
> someone could be 'partly' Illuminated, does that mean the character is
> only 'partly' bound by Cult restrictions?

It could very well do, under the D:LoD "Path of Illumination" writeup, where the "powers" gained by an Illuminate are not defined in a fixed way. So you could be an Illuminate and nevertheless remain vulnerable to spirits of reprisal, detectable by Sense Chaos, etc: and if this bugged you, I imagine you'd continue to study with other Illuminated Masters in the hope of attaining "full" Illumination (i.e. everything in the book, plus more!).

___
Jim, I *loved* the Exorcism of the Red Moon! What a brilliant scene!!

Nick