Illumination!

From: garry.nixon <oa5gni_at_zen.sunderland.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 13:38:16 +0000 (GMT)

  After reading Andrew Raphaels' entry to journal 432, I had an illuminating experience (wibble). I had known that illuminates could ignore cult spirits of retribution, and hence cult restrictions, though I could't resolve why. Andrew seems to say that an illuminated transgressor feels nothing wrong with his actions then there is no reason for reprisals to occur. I rather like this, it seems to me that cult spirits of reprisal gain thier power, not only from a diety, but from the collective guilt of its worshipers, ie. that when a non illuminate does something wrong he fully belives to be persecuted, hence worshiping (perhaps subconsciously) the spirit of reprisal. This could account for the reprisal spirit to be aware of the nature and extant of the crime, in a sense the cultist judges himself. An illuminate with his greater world view may view his trangression to be for the greater good of his cause, and feel no guilt, and hence avoid retribution.
  I could of course be wrong.
  Jim Chapin asks in journal 431
'But what if it really is "all" illusion?'
  I am reminded of a comment in an earlier edition of RQ. As an argument for illusion to be the firsty rune it has been put forward that.

'Without illusion there would be none of us to think we ever were'

        Garry.
garry.nixon_at_sunderland.ac.uk