Illumination, chaos and such deep stuff

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 17:20:46 +0100

Ed Moon:
>I would argue that Illumination is an all or nothing proposition. If
>someone could be 'partly' Illuminated, does that mean the character is only
>'partly' bound by Cult restrictions?

But the freedom from cult restrictions is not an important part of illumination. It is just a minor side effect, so I wouldn't draw conclusions from it.

>Finally, Illumination can be light or dark.

Illumination is not light _or_ dark, it is light _and_ dark. It all depends on the individual illuminate. However, the bad one and the good one have had just the same revelation. (IMO of course).

Nick on lunar metaphysics:
>Thesis: Creation old-fashioned and out of
> date, but ruling over all
>
>Antithesis: Chaos a hated, feared minority,
> responsible for assaults
> against the old Creation
>
>Synthesis: Lunar Cosmos perfect and wonderful!

"Cosmos is old and out-dated, corrupted by Chaos, upheld by the reactionary who dare not see beyond that which is. The brave and the insightful know that it is better to bring in Shargash and let him dance the old world to destruction so that a new, fresh unsullied one where all forces are integrated may be created instead."

Now, does that qualify as a lunar heresy?

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net