Thesis, synthesis....

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 19:11:38 GMT

Nick Brooke observed that:

> Thesis: Creation old-fashioned and out of
> date, but ruling over all
>
> Antithesis: Chaos a hated, feared minority,
> responsible for assaults
> against the old Creation
>
> Synthesis: Lunar Cosmos perfect and wonderful!
>
> Does this look familiar to anyone: taking Dialectical Cyclicalism as one
> theoretical model for the Lunar Way, with the harmonious reconciliation of
> opposed forces into a progressively greater and greater state of socio-magical
> evolution?

But surely the Thesis is Chaos and the cosmos is the Antithesis arising from it?

Thesis: 	Chaos.		A primitive roiling mass, disorganised but
				potent.

Antithesis	Creation & Law	A small organised dot in the centre of the
 				Chaos, over-rigid and eventually doomed.

Synthesis:	Lunar Cosmos	A perfect balanced and eternally creative
 				order.

And remember those great thinkers Shea and Wilson who add further stages called Parenthesis and Paralysis beyond that....

> OldThinkers UnBellyFeel MoonWise!

Orthanthi ThoughtCriminals DoublePlusUnGood!

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles (Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same. Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)
Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.