Spirit Plane

From: Richard Ohlson <richo_at_vicon.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 16:15:42 -0800

I understand that the Spirit Plane touches both the God plane and "Real" Glorantha, but I don't quite understand the distinctions.

First, how does the spirit plane appear? If a shaman is sitting in his tent at home and discoproates, what does he see? Is there a similar tent on the Spirit Plane? Can he see the auras of other people who might be in the tent with him? Are there a bunch of spirits around? How do the natives of the spirit plane appear? The same as normal people or ghost like?

Has anybody read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan? Is it similar to that dreamscape-place that he includes? (i.e. STUFF is there, but people are only there if they slip in through dreams...)

Also, how does the spirit plane connect to the God plane? Would you just add another spot to the Inner Region chart, letting you onto the God plane? The real reason I ask this, is I am not sure that I want to use "God Plane" rules for my Shaman wh's just outing spirits. (In other words, I want his blasted Spirit Screen 6 to run out!)

One last thing (for now :-) ) How do people handle "encounters" there. Do Shaman just randomly run into spirits every hour, or can they find more quicker than that...

Rich "Hasni" Ohlson