Re: Bicameral Thinking

From: Bibishar_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 20:00:31 -0500

Having grown up in and around Washington, D.C., I thought I knew what
"bicameral" means. But Mr. Barnes' comments made me wonder, so I looked up
the word "bicameral" in my American Heritage Dictionary (CD rom version) - because the OED CD I want costs $800 (which is great, considering the printed version costs $2000). It defined bicameral as

"bi·cam·er·al adj. Composed of or based on two legislative chambers or
branches."

This is the definition with which I am familiar. So, as far as the digest topic goes, I am reduced to "Huh?" ( I have visions of entire societies inside the head of each person.... Ackk!)

Please, Mr. Barnes (aka "akuma"), could you help me out and fill me in? Of what are you writing?

Perplexed in Prax