Bicameral

From: Steven E. Barnes <akuma_at_best.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 22:11:52 -0800

> From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
>
> The bicameral thesis has another drawback it is about as compatible with
> Uncle Joe (Campbell) as chalk with cheese. However IMHO it is a more
> appropriate tool for dealing with Illumination than Zen etc.

Yeah, but it kind of takes the piss out of Illumination. "What's the great secret?" "Well, all of you players are already Illuminated". Anyway, I thought Campbell was denounced as a God-Learner by true Greg-ites.

> From: Bibishar_at_aol.com
>
> Having grown up in and around Washington, D.C., I thought I knew what
> "bicameral" means. But Mr. Barnes' comments made me wonder, so I looked up
> the word "bicameral" in my American Heritage Dictionary

'S ok... I don't even know what etic and emic mean. I tried looking them up in a friends massive dictionary, and they weren't listed.