Redesigning a Smuggler Cult

From: DAVISON Nick <Nick.Davison_at_nri.org>
Date: 19 Mar 96 09:52:04 EST

Unfortunately my appeal for information on Arin the Smuggler cult has drawn a complete blank.

However it would be so useful to my current campaign that I am considering designing my own.

Here are a few ideas I have had.

Skills - Boat, Fast Talk, Sing (sea shanties), Craft (hidden compartments etc), Evaluate, Shiphandling, Cutlass, Conceal, Sneak, Hide, Swim, World Lore and possibly Bargain and Drive Wagon.

Spirit Magic - Cooordination, Protection, Strength, and possibly Demoralise and Silence.

Divine Magic - Float, Breathe Air/Water, and possibly Fog Call (Similar to Cloud call and used as a cover for smuggling operations)

Sorcery - Dormal's Open Seas ceremony

Likely contacts - Hazia/Farweed Dealers, merchants, fishermen, and pirates.

Probable locations - Beaches, coastal cities, towns and villages.

Commodities smuggled - Drugs, arms, alcohol and high value goods such as silk.

Comments anyone?