Smuggler cults

From: Mike Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 22:48:02 GMT

The difficulty I see with the idea of including this in Glorantha is one of time. It is only about 40 years (don't have the books to hand this instant) since Dormal's apotheosis and I don't think that a secondary cult (which this obviously is: it has Dormal's Open Seas Spell) would have had time to form.

All of which is not to say that smuggling doesn't take place. Just that I don't believe in a smuggler Hero-cult. And not just smuggling by sea....

Say, how about a 'radical' sub-cult of Issaries that believes in Absolute Free Trade and won't pay import duties on religious principal?

Actor and Genius.
AKA Theophilus, Prince-Archbishop of the Far Isles (Arms: Purpure, an open book proper, without clasps. On the dexter page the Greek letter Alpha or. On the sinister page the letter Omega of the same. Motto: nulla spes sit in resistendo.)
Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better living through pan-medieval anachronisms.