Re: what Gods know

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 13:25:32 -0500

In Glorantha Digest V2 #441, Robert writes:

>Woe betide the spirit who grouses on their illuminated orlanthi priest - the
>spirit is *bound* until the character or God removes that binding. And the
>character _can_ be listening to everything the spirit "says" to God...

This is, IMHO, backwards. The allied spirit has a direct ISDN link to his god, and rats on the priest or lord at the first sign of slippage from the List of Things to Do and Not Do. Moreover, the priest/lord has NO way to compel the ally to do anything, except a Command spell (and you may need LOTS of Extension). Pain and death are meaningless to the ally (as if any priest or lord would have the blasphemous gall to try to torture an envoy of his god). And, while all allies should have personality, many of them also have Attitude. I know of a Eurmali allied spirit who is a good case in point.