Good God Learners

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 11:04:31 +1200

Nick Brooke:

>Sure. Even in the West, where 'paganism' and 'demonology' are now anathema,
>the early God Learners are respected as Church Fathers, founders of Western
>greatness and religious purity, while their Middle Sea Empire is looked back
>on as the "Good Old Days".

It's my belief that the Seshnegi and Loskalmi view the God Learners as being those who came to power after the death of Emperor Miglos. After this, politics within the Middle Sea Empire appear to have changed for the worst. We start to see ominous events like the emmigration of Valkaro, a repression in Ralios by God-Learner Monks and the revolt of Loskalm. I think that the West would have a term for the two philosophies but I can't think of a word for them.

The Ralians of course date the arrival of the God Learners from the time of the Return to Rightness Crusade.