spirit plane, allied spirits

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 96 14:00:00 PST

Three cheers for Loren Miller's spirit plane descriptions! I concurr whole heartedly: for shamanistic peoples the spirit plane is wonderful, to deists the spirit plane is kind-of-scary and not as good as [your deity here]'s digs, and to the Carmanians, the spirit plane is dichotomous but dramatic!

I've always played allied spirits as pretty special. Not every priest or lord has one - they have to be worthy enough to attract one. I also consider allied spirits as (usually) more pious than the PC, because they don't have earthly temptations or physical distractions. They have a closer link to the deity - as many of them have recently come from the deity's domain. Of course, for MGF I often give an allied spirit a strong personality - not always in tune with its PC or NPC ally. Perhaps like a "Hobbes" to a PC "Clavin". Or perhaps the other way around.

Pam