Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #439

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_nvg.unit.no>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 17:45:11 +0100 (MET)

> From: David Cake

> Sure, but having a myth about something and believing that it is
> 'magic' are different. Magic and the results of magic are different, a
> distinction that I think most Gloranthans can grasp easily despite being
> exposed to magic fairly often.

> Well, if people didn't heal there then you would be right that
> there is no distinction betwen magical and non-magical healing - but I
> think people do heal there, albeit not too well. Things live in the Dead
> Place, it is simply lacking in both magic and fertility.

I'm starting to agree with you, but I think disalowing healing in The Dead Place is too cool to ignore. I certaily think I'm going to use this in my campaign. Btw something just struck me: Perhaps this is The Godlearner Secret: Everything, and therefor nothing, is magical. (Wow! I belive this riddle illuminated me :))

Frank Rafaelsen
rafael_at_nvg.unit.no
"Si fallor, sum"