Re: Rokari Pyramid Scheme

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 96 13:27:53 -0600

Cheiron
> I've seen the Rokari portrayed as something of a Lawful Evil
kingdom, where >caste makes might makes right. Yet I think such a model would be generally
>unpalatable to the peasant majority, and would inspire a great deal of
>internal strife. And certainly more elaborate and palatable
>justifications of the social strata would arise.

        Any peasant who attempts to make waves goes away, in one manner or another. What are they going to do, revolt? I'm certain there are occasional peasant uprisings in the Rokari lands -- maybe as many as one a century.

        The Forces of Evil often remain in charge of an oppressive society for centuries on end, and the Rokari lands, if you view them in that way, are no different. The actual Middle Ages were by and large a Lawful Evil kingdom, where might made right. For that matter, so is much of the modern world. If only the A-Team would save us.

Sandy P.