Pelorian weddings, Portland

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 96 11:25:00 PST

Somebody asked about Pelorian and Dara Happan wedding customs. Peloria is a land of many traditions, so you get to take your pick.

In old Rhinliddi, weddings may involve elaborate and detailed dances, similar to the courting of birds.

In the Redlands, some Pentan tradions may survive.

On the Hungry Plateau, the couple may have a sacred race on sable-back.

I gather that Carmanian weddings are a bit like the "Lancealot" scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail - kill the family and take the bride...

We have delt with Lodrilli (Dara Happan) wedding custums in both our Risklands and post-Dragonkill campaigns. Lodrilli weddings involve a giant party, to which everyone is invited, because Lodrilli tend to identify strongly with their cohorts in society. There is much food and drink, some sacred nude wrestling (in which the bride and groom unite in the bosom of the Earth), and some more drinking, dancing, singing, and general all-night carrying on and liberal use of the mudbath by all attendees.

 Dave Pearton might be able to add some more - I remember his Lodrilli, Teokartas, dug a sacred beer cellar prior to his friends' wedding. He even prepared a sacred mud pit, but could not convince any of his Orlanthi friends of the fabulous fertility benefits which would derive from it.

PORTLAND, OR. One of our Seattle gamers just moved to Portland, Oregon. (Max Buckner).  He is computerless, and wanted me to ask if there are any RQ'ers in Portland. If so, please e-mail me at carlsonp_at_wdni.com.

Pam