Silly parallels

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 20:42:21 -0500

Erik Sieurin wrote, in V2 #450,
>PS, Remind me of exploring the significant theory that the main
>characters of "Winnie-the-Pooh" REALLY are the Seven Lightbringers
>some time. DS

Hmm...

Orlanth                    Pooh (bit of fluff in his head BLOWN IN BY THE
WIND)
Chalana Arroy       Kanga (giving out medicine)
Issaries                  Eeyore (donkey, close enough to mule)
Lhankor Mhy         Owl (pretty obvious, when you think about it)
Eurmal                   Tigger
Flesh Man              Christopher Robin
Ginna Jar                Piglet?

Obviously, this last identification is problematic and more research is necessary. (Has anybody else read _The Pooh Perplex_? Wickedly deadpan parody of academic criticism. I know somebody who read the whole thing and didn't realize it was a joke.)