Smugglers Cult?

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:51:38 +0800

        I agree with Lorens suggestion that there is unlikely to be a 'smugglers' cult as such. I don't think there is really a community of smugglers like there is a community of merchants. I think smugglers could be either merhants that avoid some tariffs and local restrictions when they can (Issaries/Etyries worshippers), organised criminals (in the case of drug smugglers, etc.) (who would worship Krarsht, Black Fang, etc.), or simply people who are good with boats or otherwise have the opportunity and inclination (who would worship river cults of whatever).

        In my Pavis game drug smuggling is largely dominated by Black Fang, but most smuggling is done by river folk or Issaries merchants. The players have on more than one occasion smuggled things out of the Rubble using friendly newtlings, to avoid Lunar taxes or scrutiny.

        However, it is worth noting that the only spell that seems designed almost specifically for smuggling is held by Asrelia (Hide Wealth), so perhaps there is a secret side to this relatively innocuous Earth cult. Pathwatch is pretty nifty as well, though.

        Cheers

                Dave