Milne's Monomyth

From: Sherri A. Beyke <sherri_at_ro.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 1996 23:24:30 -0600

Boris here, posting from my wife Sherri's account.

Erik Sieurin wrote:
>PS, Remind me of exploring the significant theory that the main
>characters of "Winnie-the-Pooh" REALLY are the Seven Lightbringers
>some time. DS

Well, I've drawn parallels between the Poohniverse and all kinds of other things, but it never occurred to me to do it to the Lozenge. Let's see, I think I would make the following associations:

o Lhankor Mhy Owl, naturally.
o Chalanna Arroy Kanga's the only one even close

o Eurmal          This has to be Tigger
o Issaries        No real connection; I could go with either Rabbit
                  or Eyore
o Orlanth         Christopher Robin was always the leader. Though as
                  brains of the bunch, one might cast him as LM, except
                  he's not pompous enough.
o Flesh Man       Piglet was always pushed around by forces beyond his
                  control, so this seems perfect.
o Ginna Jar       And of course, Pooh, the always enigmatic, almost
                  mystical hearth of the Hundred Acre Wood has to be GJ.

These are, of course, IMHO.

Gee, that was fun. Maybe we should match up Looney Tunes characters with The Seven Mothers next?

Yanafal Tarnils Yosemite Sam

Irripi Ontor      Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius
Tello Nori        Tweety Bird
Danfive Xaron     Butch the Bulldog
Jackaleel         Can't remember the witch's name!
Queen Dezola      Granny
She Who Waits     Marvin the Martian

(I can see this becoming the next great digest debate, bigger even that the Great Pantheon War)
- ----
Boris
Sherri A. Beyke