Protection

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 21:57:53 +0100

I've this theory of Krasht....
I have a vague memory of someone mentioning that in the good bad Cults of Terror days, Krasht got the Invisibility spell from the Lanbril cult. That someone also said he found it ridiculous that someone as high and mighty as the Krasht cult should have to depend on the the teeny-weeny Lanbril cult. I made a mental note of making a comment on this, but forgot it. All this smuggling talk has brought the idea back, however.

Krasht can have a lot of small nifty spells gained from local hero cults and worshipped demi-gods. These cults/deities are sorta paying protection to the Mother of Traps for being allowed to exist. Their myths contain references to various dangerous beings these heroes/gods meddled with to get their special powers. They still have to pay respect to these powers today. If the guys know that Krasht exist, they do not associate her with the Mysterious Goddess to whom they pay homage - they might more closely associate the Mysterious Goddess with various underworld and darkness deities.

"Krasht? You silly? I'm in this for the money, I'm not some sort of chaos-worshipping depraved lunatic who meddle with things Man Was Not Meant to Know. Watch your tongue, punk, or I'll cut it out!"

So then a small criminal cult can be BOTH a local thing and part of a lozengal-spanning conspiracy, at least in the ears of lozengal conspiracy theorists.

Milk!
Erik Sieurin