God Learner objectivity

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 12:48:33 +1200

Doyle Wayne:

Me>>To say that [the God learners] explored illumination and did not realize
>>what exactly they were exploring seems unlikely IMO.

>I'm afraid you miss part of my point. To be specific, It seems to me
>possible that the Gl's struggled with the impact of the _conception_ that
>all constructions are untrue, while not realizing that this was the
>spiritual insight offered by Nysalor.

I think that the God Learners did not believe that all constructions were untrue. They certainly agreed that all present constructions were untrue but OTOH they believed that an objective construction was attainable or had existed in the past. The God Learners' relevation of the Invisible God and their anal-retentive fascination with Runes as building blocks of the universe does not support the thesis that they realized in part that everything is subjective (the Nysalorean truth at issue here) IMO. In short the failure of the God Learners to fully comprehend this was one of the reasons why they did so much damage.

All IMO.