Truth, and the facts...

From: Nick Brooke (D&T CAS) <"Nick>
Date: 27 Mar 96 09:36:38 EST

Sandy wrote:
> Given that it was created that way in the beginning for a war-
> game, it is still our responsibility to mesh the written Truth
> with the facts to come out with a comprehensive whole. (Right,
> Nick?)

Er... yeah, that's right!

? - I'll say a bit more on this, if that's OK.

Since Nomad Gods and WB&RM/Dragon Pass are among our best sources for information about Prax and Dragon Pass, I think we should give them a slightly higher priority than they often get when deciding what the world looks like. Our freeform scenario "The Tarsh War", for example, owes a lot more to "Dragon Pass" and "The History of the Lunar Empire" than to any RuneQuest products or cult writeups I can think of offhand. And it seems to go down well enough at Cons (I'll be running it again at Convulsion this summer).

The imminently-forthcoming Praxian Special in Tales #14 should be good for Nomad Gods enthusiasts, as it includes a bison-load of RQ stats for Praxian Spirit Cults. Not just Frog Woman and River Horse, this time...

Martin wrote:

> As Nick said, there's lots of room in the world for minor cults. I'm
> not sure I could have a character worship the Great Newt.

... and I'm not sure he'd take your worship! Newts are very choosy, you know. We've been sacrificing to him ever since Apple Lane, and never once got a rune spell from it. (Doesn't stop us, though).

Granite Phalanx

If anyone knows of any WWW or FTP sites for Granite Phalanx, please let me know, as there shouldn't be any! Neither the author nor the Megacorp have released it for electronic distribution: it's available in Tales #12 and nowhere else.

Nick