Stale Breath of the Creator

From: mr happy <ajbehan_at_tcd.ie>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 12:34:26 +0000 (GMT)

Lantis:
> It attracts diletantes who glorify the "savage nobility" of the
> Theyalan culture (having never experienced > it first hand).

Rather like the Victorian Whigs' attitude to the Saxons.

Peter Metcalfe:
> >The cult Rune Lords are called Zephyroi, the Priests Boreai.
>
> I'm not sure about this. The cult seems to be a heroic rather than
> socially orientated.

You have a point. However (i) why waste a nice title and (ii) with the Carmanian preoccupation with dualism why not have seperate positions for high ranking hazari and viziri?

My thoughts on Invisus Lanatum came very much from the Worioni/Brolian perspective. Thus the name. IMO the original spirit cult allowed Worioni marginals to get sorcery. The emphasis was less on Lanatum IdoVan's killer than on Lanatum who brings the Light of Sorcery.

Carmanians already have sorcery so the "Light" bringer aspect is subordinated to the Slayer aspect. At this point the Carmanian obsession with killing things in order to steal their power comes into play in a big way. I like Cheiron's version of events though it'll take a while to reconcile it with my own
preconceptions. OTOH I think they might see IO as the transcendant God and IdoVan as the evil Demiurge.

Andrew Behan