Re: Horse Hsunchen

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 96 10:54:19 -0600

Me, overstating my case
> the certainly-Hsunchen Pent horse nomads have lost almost all
trace of this

Dave Dunham
>I hadn't realized the Pelorian horse nomads (from Nivorah) who
eventually
>were driven into Pent had been hsunchen.

        I didn't say that. Some of the current Pent nomads certainly descend from horse hsunchen. It is my opinion that when the Pelorian horse nomads went into Pent, there were people present, and these people included Kralori-race horse hsunchen. These people were killed, enslaved, or adopted into the Pelorian way, and their genes explain why the Pent nomads are not fully Wareran in appearance, but look more like Huns -- lots of Eastern influence.

        For that matter, I don't believe that the Animal Nomads are entirely derived from Hsunchen, but rather that there were Hsunchen associated with the main herd beasts, and that Waha's Great Game eliminated these Hsunchen, turning them permanently into animals, or permanently into humans who then joined with the other humans to form the Great Tribes.

Sandy P.