The Great David Swap

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 30 Mar 96 10:46:19 EST

He previously wrote (#452):

> I also think that the spells will never really work, as well. The spell is
> not the same, and it can show. The Standfast spell (for example) can in
> theory be used on anyone on the casters front, for example, even if they
> happen to be armed with bolas and a war pick. It can certainly be used
> in all sorts of inappropriate ways - I am sure it would be very useful on
> narrow paths in single file, for example, which has relationship to a
> Shield Wall at all.

So Granite Phalanx members could be armed with bolas and war-picks, fighting along narrow paths in single file, and this wouldn't change their combat style?

Oh. (Scratches head). Never mind.

Can I recommend the tactics section of "Runemasters" as an example of what pissing around with literally-defined magic does to Glorantha?

> I feel that it is not unknown for those with insufficient dedication to
> the Bull (but who nevertheless have some connection to the cult), to find
> that the Gift of the Bulls Rage is bestowed on them.

The rules don't require *any* connection to the cult, do they? Another reason to ignore them, and seek common sense elsewhere...

Nick