Sun Hawk.

From: Simon Bray <101635.32_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 01 Apr 96 19:26:51 EST

 Since when has Sun Hawk been just a minor spirit? Minor to whom? All the spirits of Prax must be appropriated in order to live their. If you do not appease the Sun Hawk then the Raven will be strong, he will send his children to eat all the food in the world and peck out the eyes of the herd and the babes. When the shaman says that you must dance, then you must. Even the greatest Uroxi should learn to respect the spirits of the wastes, for one day he will walk amongst them.
 Praxian life is hard, to live you must understand death. To walk in Eiritha's Own you must sacrifice to the spirits. Why do we do the Sun Hawk Dance? Because we must!
 What has this to do with body piercing? Look at the shamans chest, you see those tears that pierce each breast, they are the claw marks of the Sun Hawk, they are the marks of his initiation and I cannot tell you more. Until it is your day of initiation.

IMHO Simon Bray.

PS See TOTRM #14.