The German VII. RQ Con is starting soon as the 'Rheingold Queste'.

From: Tschinke <Ingo>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 00:30:09 +0200

Hi friends on the digest,

Peter Metcalfe ask on digest # 465 about what is going on in Germany with the VII. RQ Con on whitsun 1996. Thanks for asking, this give a reason to me to talk about this Con. The Con is now called the 'Rheingold - Queste'.=20

>Cult of Silence conquers Deutschland:
>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

>Any word on what happened to the Germans at the Con there?

Our Con is sold out up to 50% with visitors from Germany, France, the UK, the USA, Switzerland, the Netherland and sweden, but there are still places for further visitors.=20
For me, as author of the LARP Rise of Ralios, this is very interesting so I can give the characters of the LARP to different visitors of the different countries. So the english/american will play the Orlanthi from Lankst, eastern Ralios and Sartar; the french will have the lunars from the heartland and Carmania; the dutch will play trolls (they loved it to be rude - - as I have made the expierence by playing 'Heroes of Wisdom' with them); the german will be the knights, counts, troubardours, ladys amd so on of the whole West and last but not least the swedish vistors will get the dwarfs.= =20
Joerg Baumgartner and I are very busy writing on Rise of Ralios because there a lot of different heresies of Ralios to discribe as well as a lot of different characters. But we have got some help and so I would like to say a special thanks to David Dunham, Jeff Richard and Loren Miller as writers of the Orlanthi/Carmanian characters. But also thanks to the reaching Moon Megacorp for giving all their material of 'How the West was One'. So if you have played HtWO one time, you can perhaps meet your character again (the character is now only two years older and maybe more wise than before?).=20 Our guest of Honour will be David Hall and I hope to see much more of the Reaching Moon Megacorp gang on Whitsun.=20

If there are some french which will be interested into the VII. RQ Con 'Rheingold - Queste' please take contact to:=20 Xavier SPINAT <spinat_at_poly.polytechnique.fr> or Lionel.Dumont_at_ensem.u-nancy.fr
They are both looking for others to travel together to Bacharach.

If anybody else want to get more information about the 'Rheingold - Queste' or the registration form through email, let me know, please.

We will have a lot of fun.=20

For everybody who has not read our last informations about the 'Rheingold - Queste' here some vital informations:

VII. RuneQuest-Con - 'Rheingold - Queste'

This year=92s German RuneQuest-Con starting at 24th of may and lasting=  untill
Monday the 27th will take place at the castle =84Stahleck=93 in Bacharach (a castle of the 11th century). Bacharach is a sleepy town on the slopes of the Hunsr=FCck near the Rhine. It=B4s half way between Wiesbaden and Koblenz.=  The
Castle which actually is a comfortable youth hostel was renovated recently and seems to be a nearly perfect place for a role play event of this kind. With a medieval knighthall, a defence tower, and the large yard with a view on the Rhine it is also the best background for the free-form =84Rise of Ralios=93. All the actors will dive into the medieval world of Ralios where the clerics and knights meet at a great tournament, challenging each other in weapons and intrigues.
Furthermore there will be:

Everybody who arrives on Friday and stays till Monday has to pay DM 100,- ;for thoses who arrive on Saturday the price is DM 70,- . The price includes bed-linen and vegetarian food for those who prefer it. (Transfer money to Postgiroamt Hamburg, Bankcode 200 100 20, Account Number 1039 84-201)

Whoever feels himself chosen to do so, should not hesitate to design a Con-T-shirt, because we still have not got any suggestion for it. If anybody owns RuneQuest-material he wants to sell - feel free to bring it to the auction.=20
Be assured, there is room enough for everybody in the castle, and we would like all of you to come to Germany in May.

If you are interested just contact :

Jochen Seyffert
An der Bruchriede 2
D - 30880 Laatzen

or

Ingo Tschinke
Schevemoorer Landstr. 33
D - 28325 Bremen
tschinke_at_nordwest.de

I hope this will be enough news for the moment.

Cheers and I hope to see you all

Ingo Tschinke
=20

Ingo Tschinke              tschinke_at_nordwest.de
RuneQuest-Gesellschaft     Schevemoorer Landstr. 33
                           28325 Bremen

"Come and see Ralios. Take part in the VII. RuneQuest - Con on Castle Stahleck and play the tournement of Kustria".

The VII. RuneQuest-Con take place at castle Stahleck at Whitsun=20 1996 ( 24. - 27. May 1996)

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #466