Re: psychology and magic

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 21:53:16 -0500

In v2 #466, Peter Metcalfe writes in response to David Cake:

DC>>Berserk causes you to become crazed with rage (among other things), this DC>>does not mean that being crazed with rage is always magical.

PM>No but one becomes crazed with rage *first*.

I'd go further than Peter Metcalfe and say that a sufficiently enraged person could achieve *exactly* the magical manifestations of the so-called Berserk spell (Bull's Bellow, Death Before Disorder, or whatever). (BTW, my Magic Book doesn't say anything about Cm 2 as a side-effect.) This is known as calling upon the divine. The divine magic roolz are only a crude approximation of the actual process. The map is not the territory.