Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #463

From: Steve Lieb <Steven>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 96 22:07:46 -0600

>Then, too, sometimes the Hellwood elves graft a head, or a head and a part of
>a torso, onto a storage tree. Over time, it becomes woody and unable to
>move. This only works at all when the immortal part of the elf's soul has
>fled the body, but the other parts of the soul can still animate the body.
> That period lasts a few hours after the elf's death. The tree's soul then
>replaces the elf's immortal part, and uses the grafted head like a puppet.
> Unfortunately for outsiders, the head retains its intelligence and spirit
>spell knowledge (divine magic doesn't work). Head grafting requires an
>all-day ceremony and doesn't work if the tree is dormant, so it'd be rare.
>
>Well? Comments, flames, anyone?
>
>- --Martin Crim

Perhaps somethign to be done with naughty, really naughty elves - "We return you to Aldrya, by seizing you to the heart of this ancient tree, that it's wisdom and strength will overcome the corruption that has withered your elfness."

eek. Elf fundamentalists. "Here, I don't like what you're saying. Now we're gonna make you into a tree so you can have a few hundred years to think about it."

Wow, would that be a creepy-good reason people stay the heck outa elf forests. Of course, you never have to let the PLAYERS know that they can't do that to humans (or whatever) - i mean, only a damn god-learner would understand comparitive biology....
Steve Lieb
liebx004_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #467