battle standard

From: Andrew Joelson <joelsona_at_cpdmfg.cig.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1996 16:59:49 -0600

Timothy Byrd suggests...
> How about this? A hoplite can't cast *any* magic, but may act as a
> power "battery" for the spirit, which can then throw some pretty nasty
> stuff... (like standfast for the entire unit) It seems to me that
> this keeps a flavor of a bunch of hoplites forming into a larger whole
> - - it's almost Mostali!

        I like it! This makes capturing an enemy standard very meaningfull; it gives you a chance to tame/warp/destroy an enemy regiment's wyter.

        Or as Augustus Ceaser cried, "Varo! Varo! Where are my Eagles!?"

                Andrew

PS Glorantha-Con IV, January 24th-26th 1997, Ramada Hotel O'Hare (Chicago)

    This message brought to you by Orlanth-Cola, a real Windy City drink!

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #469