Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #465

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 1996 22:56:14 +0100

Pam Carlson asks
>Question - are trollkin capable of reproducing at all? Do they even have
>sex? (True trollkin - not dark trolls with littermates.) I've always thought
>of trollkin as stunted trolls who never reach maturity - sexual or physical.

The sidebar "Trollkin Life Statistics" in Uz Lore (p17) syggests otherwise "Since Trollkin are often pregnant but often deliver stillbirths there is an abundance of wetnurses." and "They mature sexually at about age 15, but have no troll rites mark the passage...they already will have been a hard-working slave for many years" and on p23 'Toll types examined' "Many trollkin are born dead or die shortly afterwards (especially those born to trollkin)". This seems to suggest a more significant sexually active trollkin population than the 4% or so dark troll twins, although I should think there are trollkin that never mature as well.
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| A foolish consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds - R.W. Emerson |