Re: Aldryami technology

From: Argrath_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 22:19:20 -0400

In V2 #475, Peter Metcalfe writes:

> I imagine that the elvish swords, spears and plate armour are made from
>leaves and thorns from similar plants [to the copper arrow plants].

Close. Aldryami (let's agree not to use "elvish," which has the wrong connotations) copper swords, spears and armor are grown. The "leather" they supposedly wear is plant material. Everything they need is grown, and conversely if they don't grow it, they don't need it. They're not averse to using crystals and other things they find or take, and they'll dig soil where necessary, but Making (i.e., what the Aldryami consider making) is alien to them.